OMAHA BEACH CAMPOREE
April 12-14, 2019
75th Anniversary of D-Day
25 Years of BSA Commemoration Ceremonies
AT A GLANCE
- 5000 participants expected
- Largest gathering of Department of Defense families outside a military installation in Europe
- French government recognizes our efforts with the title “Custodians of Omaha Beach.”
- This is TAC’s 9th jamboree
- Event open to all Scouting programs not just Boy scouts of America
Transatlantic Council is one of two Boy Scouts of America councils serving American families abroad. We are based in Brussels and serve US families living in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. We serve 6,100 youth through 2,750 volunteers in 200 different scouting units.
There are two programs held at War Memorial Cemeteries. The British Scouts conduct a ceremony at Bayeux on Saturday. The closing ceremony for the camporee is held at the American Cemetery at Colleville sur Mer on Sunday morning where Scouts will lay a commemorative wreath.
- Messengers of Peace Dinner (4500 meals @ $20) includes cooking tents, containers etc.
Partial Sponsorship accepted (or partners)
- Audio-Visual set up for campfire and closing ceremony on Sunday ($250K)
- Distinguished Benefactor evening (Friday) $10,000 (site rental and food for VIP event)
- Eagle Scout Recognitions and Reception ($15,000)
- Normandy Logistics to include tents, electricity, environmental support, ($15,000)
- Press Conference and Local VIP Gathering ($5,000)
- Rental of administrative areas and program support ($5,000) (also part of logistics)
- Rental of shuttle buses to dinner and campfire ($5,000)
Tide Schedule 2019
Sat, 13 Apr 2018
© 2018 Transatlantic Council - Boy Scouts of America – All Rights Reserved