Crew E - Advisor 1 - Kirstin Reed
Kirstin Reed has been an avid Scouter since 2007. She got involved when her son, Clinton, crossed over from Webelos to Boy Scouts and she noticed how much fun he was having camping. She gave the baby to her husband and told him, “Here, you watch the baby. I’m going camping!” Fortunately, he’s been a cheerful supporter of her and Clinton’s scouting activities ever since.
As a youth she was involved in the 4-H and is an expert horsewoman. She grew up working the family horse farm, breaking and showing horses professionally, and managing the forests on the farm, in addition to doing good, old fashioned hard work.
She’s been the Scoutmaster for Troop 303 since 2010 and has built a solid, active troop based on the premise of hard work, boy initiative, and an awful lot of fun. Her greatest joy in scouting, though, is watching the youth grow from young kids into self-confident, able leaders. It’s truly a privilege to walk that journey with them.
- 4-H youth member
- Woodbadge - Fox Patrol
- Assistant Scoutmaster - 2007 to 2009 - Troop 1345, Burke Virginia
- Assistant Scoutmaster - 2009 to 2010 - Troop 303, Transatlantic Council
- Scoutmaster - 2010 to Present - Troop 303, Transatlantic Council
- District Roundtable Commissioner - 2011 to Present - Edelweiss District, Transatlantic Council
- District Training Team - Edelweiss District, Transatlantic Council
- Woodbadge Troop Guide - N2-802-II-1 - 2011
- NYLT Scoutmaster - 2012
- NONE! This will be her first!